Everett “Dirksen” Wilkinson, Florida Tea Party and Liberty Activist, announced on Monday that he was backing Senator Joe Negron, R – Stuart, in the August Republican primary to Florida Senate Seat 32. Wilkinson was a co-founder of the tea party movement both nationally and in Florida in 2009.
“I have personally worked with Sen. Negron on many issues,” Wilkinson continued, “Joe is a strong supporter of protecting citizens’ rights as well as making sure government remains accountable. His leadership in the Florida Legislature has helped the state keep taxes low and create opportunity. Negron has been an advocate for business, gun rights, Veterans and has the stamina to fight for the people of South Florida in Tallahassee.”
Joe Negron is being challenged by Brandon Cannon. Many people may be unaware that Brandon:
- Worked AGAINST Marco Rubio for US Senate
- Contributed to liberal Democrat Kendrick Meek for US Senate
- Is ENDORSED by the AFL-CIO
Joe is a solid and consistent conservative. Some of the legislation that I am proud to have worked with him on includes:
- Repealed the tag and license fee tax increases saving Floridians $400 million this year alone.
- Championed data privacy to protect individual medical records and personal data.
- Sponsored drone legislation to keep law enforcement from abusing our privacy. Requires a judge to authorize the use of drones in surveillance of a private citizen.
- Passed the bill to require special taxing district to go back to the voters for approval in order to continue to assess property taxes.
- Pushed to eliminate special interest tax breaks.
“Americans are now in a fight to restore the Constitution as our Founding Fathers envisioned, and we need proven leaders like Joe Negron to win,” Wilkinson said. “To all my tea party constituents and liberty activists in Florida’s Senate District 32to the polls on August 26th, I need you to join me in supporting the only conservative in the race – Joe Negron.
You can find out more about Joe at: http://joenegron.com/